Life on Fire 2014 opening Friday, Feb. 28 7 p.m. panel on "Sparking The Fire" missional faith and church and the breakout groups with panel presenters afterwards will be free and open to the public and will feature the Rev. Ellen Blue, United Methodist minister and professor at www.ptstulsa.edu and author as moderator; Brother James Patrick Hall, Episcopalian friar and a leader in homeless ministry, Justin Pickard with Crossover Community Impact - CCI, and Charles Beard with Tulsa Catholic Worker, and me with The Welcome Table: Community In Mission To Show God's Love For All and A Third Place Community Center will be presenters and leading the breakout discussions, all held at Turley United Methodist Church. See the link for the schedule for the full weekend events.
Wednesday, January 29, 2014
Saturday, November 30, 2013
The mission of the Life on Fire conference is to gather people who want to live missional lives, based in their faith or values, and mutually provide the inspiration and support for the next steps.
How to tell you’ll fit in with the rest of the tribe at Life on Fire 2014:
- You would rather talk about “Why?” than What and How.
- You believe the answer to How? is YES!
- You’re interested in People not Programs.
- You want to focus on community
- development not congregational development.
- You want to be a leader in the community not just a leader in the congregation.
- You know who your heart breaks for.
- You want to transform the world into the beloved community.
- You want to live a committed life that takes you to third places, abandoned places, & secular places.
- You believe in radical integrity.
- You want to live as if you are who you say you are.
- You are a revolutionary, not a resolutionary.
- You practice (or want to) relocating, redistributing and reconciling.
Friday, Feb. 28 to Sunday, Mar. 2 at both The Welcome Table Community Center, 5920 N. Owasso Ave., Turley/Tulsa OK 74126, and Turley United Methodist Church, 6050 N. Johnstown Ave., Turley/Tulsa OK 74126.
Contact us with your questions, or sign up on our registration page.
Posted by clarabella at 9:23 PM